Extended health insurance
Your medical coverage
- Most extended healthcare plans offer coverage for Registered Massage Therapy and TCM & Acupuncture treatments. Please check with your employer’s benefits.
- Have a look at Pacific Blue Cross' Reasonable and Customary Coverage and Limits (last updated by Pacific Blue Cross January 1, 2022).
- ICBC, MSP, RCMP and DVA is accepted.
- We will provide you with a receipt for ICBC and WSBC treatments for reimbursement as we do not bill directly to ICBC or WSBC. We apologize for this inconvenience.
- We will bill MSP and DVA directly for you however; they will reimburse you, so full payment is due on the the date of your treatment.
Please see each practitioner’s fees by clicking ‘Book With’ that practitioner.
Payment may be made by Visa debit, Visa, Mastercard or cash
Some confusing stuff
- "My insurance covers 100% of my treatment."
- What is their version of 100%? For example, Pacific Blue Cross currently considers 100% to be $126 for a one-hour RMT appointment. Since we charge $130 for a one-hour Registered Massage Therapy treatment, you will have to pay $4.
- "I get unlimited treatments with my insurance company."
- Unlimited at what rate? 100% or 80% coverage? Some insurers indeed cover 100% of the cost of your treatment, unlimited... up to a certain annual dollar amount. Others offer you coverage for as many treatments as you require throughout the year, but with only 80% coverage. And to complicate things further, some insurers' coverage percentages rise throughout the year once you reach certain treatment dollar thresholds.
- "How much does my insurance cover per treatment, or how many treatments will it cover for the year?"
- We have no idea. Privacy laws protect you from unnecessary or fraudulent insurance claims. We submit the cost of your treatment on the day of your treatment, and your insurance company responds electronically with the amount they will cover on that day. Unfortunately, this is literally all we know. If you call your insurance company, or login to your plan online and check your coverage, you will have access to all of this secret information! Have a look and let us know what coverage you have, and we will be happy to maximize your benefits with your treatment needs.
- "Why do I have to pay a deductible each year?"
- This is the amount you pay for treatments before your insurance plan starts to pay. Not all insurance plans have a deductible, it depends on how your employer has negotiated your plan. Insurance with higher deductibles often have lower monthly premiums.
- "Can you waive my deductible amount?"
- Unfortunately not. This is not a clinic or practitioner charge; this amount is what you have to pay before your insurance company starts to provide your coverage. We are just the messengers who have to tell you it is payable.
- "Can my spouse, child or parent use my unused benefits?"
- Absolutely not.
- "Why? I pay the premiums!"
- Because this is fraud. Our insurance billing must match the patient name, date of treatment and treatment length.
- "But other clinics do it!"
- Sorry, we are professionals here. We have worked our tails off to be this good. We aren't going to risk losing our amazing profession so you can save a few bucks. Nope. Nope. Nope. Please do not even ask.
We unfortunately do not have access to your extended health benefits information other than the amount of the treatment they will pay the day you are in our clinic for treatment. We do not know what your insurance deductible or limits are. This is your responsibility to know. Please check your coverage BEFORE booking your appointment.
© Copyright dawn Health and Wellness