Our COVID-19 Safety Plan
Thank you all so much for your support, encouragement, understanding and palpable love since we closed in March. Following the continually updated requirements from our Provincial Health Officer and governing bodies, some things will be different for the time being, so please have a thorough read:
Your therapist will speak with you directly before you arrive for your appointment to ensure you are not experiencing any symptoms that may be related to COVID19 – this is a non-negotiable requirement. We will ask you to answer the following questions:
- Are you experiencing any of the following: a fever, a new cough, a worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Have you had close contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness or have you travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
- Do you have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Do you have two or more of the following symptoms: Sore throat, runny nose/sneezing, nasal congestion, hoarse voice, difficulty swallowing, decrease or loss of sense of smell, chills, headaches, unexplained fatigue/malaise, diarrhea, abdominal pain, or nausea/vomiting?
- If the person is over 65 years of age are, they experiencing any of the following: delirium, falls, acute functional decline, or worsening of chronic conditions?
- Have you attended a social gathering of any size with anyone at all outside of your immediate household members?
If we are unable to speak with you directly or if the response to any of the screening questions is yes, we will unfortunately have to cancel your appointment. Please call 811, go to https://bc.thrive.health/ or contact your physician for further guidance and advice. We can reschedule you later after you are safe to be treated.
Our practitioners are self-monitoring daily by recording their temperature, symptoms, and number of contacts each day outside of the treatment room.
When you arrive at the clinic, please remain in your vehicle or outside of our door until 5 minutes prior to the start of your treatment. If you are new to our clinic, please complete your health history questionnaire or paperwork online or print it out and bring it with you rather than completing it in our waiting areas.
Unless required for mobility or personal assistance, patients are asked to come into the facility alone and not bring spouses or children where possible. This is important to promote social distancing in treatment rooms and the larger clinic space.
Upon entry into the clinic, please use hand sanitizer available inside the front door or wash your hands in our sink.
Three-layer masks are mandatory, unless there is a clear medical reason not to wear one. If you arrive wearing a mask that is not 3-layer (i,e, a reusable cloth mask), one will be provided for you before entering our clinic.
WE STILL NEED TO KEEP OUR 2 METRE DISTANCE OUTSIDE OF THE TREATMENT ROOM
Our front door will be locked until your treatment time and your therapist will welcome you in at that time and escort you directly to your treatment room, or washroom if needed. We are utilizing contactless payment methods only (direct billing to insurers and/or Visa Debit, Visa or Mastercard). Your receipt will be emailed to you. Required services at the reception desk should be minimal and we kindly ask you to remain behind the line on the floor to ensure a 2 metre distance from our staff at the desk.
DURING YOUR TREATMENT
Your therapist will address the issue of mask use with you before and during your treatment. Unless there is a clear medical reason not to do so, you will be required to wear a 3-layer or higher mask for the duration of your treatment. One will be provided to you if needed. You and your therapist both will wash their hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer prior to putting on a mask, prior to taking off a mask, and after disposing of a mask in the garbage.
HEALTHFUL SAFETY OF OUR CLINIC SPACE
We are proud to be known for the cleanliness of our clinic. Our carpets are professionally cleaned and our HVAC is maintained with fresh filters. We use a professional cleaning company to keep our space very clean as well as maintain daily cleaning and disinfecting throughout the day. Our laundry is always washed with hot water, bleach and soap and our tables and treatment room areas are always cleaned and disinfected between each patient, following the BC CDC guidelines.